Monday, October 29, 2007

Two days and no electricity.

As in the title, there are only two days left until NaNoWriMo. I haven't plotted anything or written an outline. I haven't named any characters or even settled on anything more than a premise. I'm doing this because I outlined a novel this summer that I'm still working on - but I can't find the passion in writing it because it's already done in my mind. I need to let this novel take me where it may without editing it. After the month is over I can take the stack of paper and decide what I'm going to do with it, but until then it will be a purely creative experience where I throw myself at my imagination and see where I ricochet.

Secondly, I have no power. I thought it was a blessing when I hadn't received bills for the past four months, but I was still being charged - of course. Still with no written notice from The Company, I woke up from my nap today with no electricity. Armed with a splitting headache and an scratchy throat, it was a fun time, indeed. Everything is settled now, and I should have power sometime before 5PM tomorrow. Oy.

My first big project that this blog will serve to reflect on is yet to begin, so I'm stuck with those reflections and quivering anticipation. I've got some homework to do, so I've got to go.

2 comments:

Joshua Aaron Peige said...

I hope you electricity gets turned back on soon.

Jake Miller said...

Thankfully, it did today. Phew.