Sunday, November 25, 2007

Break.

For the last few days, I've been traveling to and from Dallas. Thanksgiving was wonderful down in Texas with my uncles, my grandmother, and my boyfriend. They all got along very nicely, which I'm very happy about. After a bunch of art museums, a heft few meals, and a there-and-back train ride, I'm ready to resume noveling.

I simply couldn't write while I was on vacation. I don't know what it was, but the drive wasn't there. Perhaps it was because both of my typical writing environments were gone. The first being the idyllic quiet peace and the second being the wonderful cacophony of my nights with television and roommate sounds. I didn't think missing the latter would really affect me, but it did. Harumph.

At this moment, my word count stands at 34,684. My regular word count has derailed. I'm supposed to be at 41,667 by the end of today. At this point I plan on just writing in it until Tuesday. I have a huge break on Tuesday that hopefully will lend itself to writing. Go team.

No comments: